Sunday 27 February 2011

Hello Sandwich, Hello Japan

Ever wanted to go to Japan to experience the weird and wacky, cute and kitsch? Well, believe it or not, I've been 3 times - yep - big 3! And I'm going to Osaka next week! Thursday to be exact.

Don't worry too much. It's a short 4 days of food eating, fixie searching and relaxation - amid a little shopping at my fav Comme de Garcons. Lucky for me the trip is a cheapy. Only $438 return, courtesy of Jetstar with the hotel paid for on points - how lucky am I?!

I've been doing my research and if you haven't heard of hello sandwich, start reading it now! Former Vogue Living art director Ebony Bizys has been obsessed with Japanese culture for longer than she can say "Hai", blogged about it for years before making the big move to live in Tokyo last year. It's fascinating to see such a vibrant city through her eyes, and also see the amazing journey she's living day-to-day. If you are thinking of going on a holiday to Japan, buy Ebony's tokyo zine here to find out the hot spots to eat and visit - rather than all the touristy things. Also her craft tutorials videos are so cute to watch and so easy to make too.

Definitely bookmark it. It will make you want to take a quick trip there (it's so affordable, go on, do it!)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.