Monday 23 May 2011

My favourite things in May

Brrr, it's cold in here! It's officially turned and our favourite things revolve around keepin' the heat in whilst looking fabulous, of course. Here are our remedies for the chilly weather.

1. Phở at Phở Pasteur, George St near central station
(not pronounced Poh or foh, but FUR like furrrr coat)



If you've never had it, it's time to S.T.A.R.T. It's the national vietnamese dish and my superfood. Phở comes in from either chicken Phở gà or beef Phở bò. It will warm you from the inside out, nourish you with it's clean broth and fill you up with lovely rice noodles and meat! I swear by it, whilst all of you were downing cereal for breakfast - I was slurping Phở - jealous much?! And, I guarantee it tastes better in the morning.

I always order the Phở dac biet (beef special) and in the LARGE size $11 - hey, its only $1 extra than the small and it's happiness in a bowl.

2. The Double D
Boys, I didn't get implants in the last week.



But something else did increase in size and that's my bedding, I've busted out the Double Doona, my cushy remedy to the winter blues. 






WARNING: it does make it hard to get outta bed, don't blame me if you sleep. on. in.


3. Shortgrain


Sydney you've done it again, by making it bearable to brave to cold for some fan-freakin-tastic thai. Well actually Longrain, is giving us what we want. Freakin' fiery and tasty thai food with no wait and a cheeky bevvy to go with it.

*Picture lychees, mint, cucumber with a hint of vodka - hello winter warmer*.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.